Saturday, February 22, 2014

Our Workshop with Kaffe and Brandon

Hi Everyone

I thought I would share with you some of the fantastic insights into colour and design we witnessed in the shop when Kaffe Fassett and Brandon Mably wove their colour magic in the shop.

We had 15 lucky ladies who played around with Kaffe's Overlapping Tiles quilt from his book Shots and Stripes.



The Overlapping Tiles quilt is really just squares sewn together, but wow just look at the results.  Here are some random photos from the day.  









Here is the quilt built to match the clothes (I do it all the time).




I think I could run one of those competitions where you add the captions!  For the two photos above, what would you say!  These two guys are just pure fun and so inspirational, their understanding of colour and design is amazing; and they share that  knowledge freely.

I would like to say thanks to Kaffe and Brandon, to XLN (the fabric wholesaler) for organizing the tour.  To all my staff who worked very hard to set up the classroom and during the workshop.



A day well spent.  I suppose I'll have to make the quilt now... yet another quilt!!!!

Melinda



1 comment:

  1. Kaffe is saying "ok gals, get your fabric cut and then 5 o'clock is wine o'clock"

    Brandon " what no wine"

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter