Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Some New Stuff, and Who I saw in Houston

I have a few things to show you that have turned up in the shop in the last few days that are well worth sharing with you.


Susan brought in this great quilt made with Aboriginal design fabrics.  I think this is for an overseas relative.  Susan is in Anne Sommerlad's  class.


I have for years been wanting to have Quilters Dream Cotton wadding in the shop.  I have achieved it.  We now have the "Request" weight, which is the thinnest weight, in Twin, Queen and King size .  This is one of the best cotton wadding for hand quilters. It has a very low loft and gives your quilting that "antique" look.  It is also beautiful to quilt through.  These will be up on the web-site shortly.


This me with Lori Smith, I have admired her patterns for some time.  We now have a selection of her patterns on the web-site.  These are just great for using up some of those scraps!!!


Janet and I ran into Kaffe and Brandon at their fantastic stand. I'm making that red quilt in the background over Christmas. (Well I'm going to attempt to.) I just fell in love with it when they brought out to Australia in February this year.


What has Brandon got on his head.  A hint it was just before Halloween.  Creepy.



Janet and I did a knitting class with Brandon.  Yes you go to one of the largest quilt shows and knit.  Why not.  This was what greeted us in the classroom. Yes its all about the colour.



This is what the class made.


Brandon in full critiquing mode.  It was fun, makes me want to run a knitting shop, oh no.

Here are some photos of Margaret Sampson-George's class this week.


Love the border.


Margaret helping to sort out the start of a new quilt. 


Just beautiful.

Melinda







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter