Friday, September 30, 2011

Lately Arrived From London has docked.

Just because so many customers have been waiting for this beautiful new Collection from Barbara Brackman, I thought I would post that it is in the shop now.  Hopefully it will be loaded on the web-site in the next day or so.  This is an early 1800 collection featuring large chintz flowers.  It is beautiful.



I would be quick with this one, the staff may buy it all before it hits the shelves.  Not all of these fabrics are from the Collection but we were building wonderful quilts.

In this post I thought we could have a look at Val Moore's class.  She teaches here on the first Friday of every month.  We have vacancies in Val's class at the moment.  This is the first time this has happened in about four years.  So if you would like to conquer applique, and can make it to class, please call the shop.


This is Val's "Symbols of Japan" quilt, that is currently hanging behind our counter.  I think it wins a prize for having the most customers rush around the counter to have a closer look.  It is all machine appliqued.  So you can enjoy the quilt I have some close ups.





Val is one of the best applique teacher's I know.  She teaches both machine and hand applique.  Here are  some of the things being created in her class.







Back in our April 28 Blog, we saw the first Gnome block for Aileen's quilt.  Made with Anne Sommerlad.  She has now finished the top, and it still makes me smile.



Melinda










No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter