Friday, May 27, 2011

What's Happening as the Weather Closes In

We felt the first chill of winter this week in Sydney.  The plane tree leaves are blowing in the shop, our own signal of seasonal change.  Everyone is betting on a cold winter this year.  I have to say I'm not concerned at all, I might get some of my many (way too many) hand quilting projects underway.

This week in the shop has seen an influx of new stunning fabrics, so I thought I would give you a peek.

For the Reproduction Print lovers....



Winterthur Cadet Pasley from Andover Fabrics has caused a few pulses to beat faster.


We added to our Jo Morton Collection of  fabulous Civil War prints (the dark blues are actually black, the camera was not being friendly).

For Westminster fans......


One of my all time favourite designs from Kaffe Fassett has been re-released.  Yay. Why was it ever discontinued?



New Martha Negley prints are just dripping with pure saturated colour.  You just want to touch them.



Jane Sassaman's Garden Diva's is wild.

Just to keep up with my compulsion to buy spots and stripes...


Annie's Farm Stand (don't get the name) from Lake House is just great pure, clear colour, it will make quilts zing.


We are now stocking the Japanese Quilt magazine "Quilt Tsushin".  These have been hard to find in Australia, I just love seeing how the Japanese interpret the world of quilting.  They ar5e lying on some of the new Japanese Traditional "Indigo" fabrics, recently arrived.

For Oliver + S fans....




Their new book "Little Things to Sew"  is a treasure.

Because it happens so rarely I had to share this photo with you.  The Fat Quarter table looking tidy.  (lasted about 30 minutes.)



Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter